The La Bella Experience
Nestled in Albuquerque’s North Valley with sweeping views of the cottonwood bosque and Sandá Mountains, La Bella has become the destination for New Mexico spa connoisseurs who appreciate proven service, quality products, experienced skill all within an inviting, relaxing atmosphere.
Building upon her success as a stylist in New York City and as a home designer, Dawn Davide returned to New Mexico and opened La Bella Spa & Salon in 2000 with 16 employees. Today, La Bella employs 100 staff members, including 14 of the original hires, and maintains a customer list of more than 93,000. Every year since 2004, La Bella has won the prestigious Schwarzkopf International Diamond Club Award for Outstanding Achievement, in addition to other local and national accolades. La Bella’s reputation resulted in Intel Corporation asking Ms. Davide to open a La Bella satellite for Intel employees and their families within the company’s Rio Rancho plant, which she did in 2013.
Ms. Davide, who holds a General Building Contractor License (GB98), has designed 650 custom homes throughout New Mexico and Texas. Using her design experience and skill, she designed La Bella in the Italianate style as inspired by her Italian roots. Her 18,000-square-foot facility incorporates a set of wooden doors from her great-grandmother’s home in Palermo, Italy. Italian antiques and décor, including stained glass and terra cotta cherub sculptures that once called the Vatican home underscore Ms. Davide’s authenticity and attention to design detail.
La Bella is composed of five divisions all within the same building at 10126 Coors Boulevard NW, creating a rich, comforting and satiating atmosphere that guests may enjoy all day long. In just the past year La Bella has enjoyed several areas of expansion that have proved immediately successful:
• La Bella Spa and Salon, opened in 2000, is the flagship division that provides full spa and salon services including hairstyling, hand and feet treatments, massage and body treatments, and facials and peels. Massage therapists specialize in medical, sports and LA Stone™ hot stone treatments, as well as Swedish, Thai, Mother-to-Be, Deep Tissue, Lymphatic, Couples and other signature La Bella treatments. A dedicated couples massage room incorporates a fireplace and couples tub. Facial treatments include a light chest, hands, feet, leg and shoulder massage, ensuring optimal relaxation for guests. In the Salon, 15 stations stay busy cutting, coloring, styling and restoring health to customers’ hair and scalps.
• La Bella Medical Laser Center was added in 2013 and has the only Sciton® Laser in New Mexico. With this specialized piece of equipment and La Bella’s extensively trained and certified staff, La Bella is able to greatly reduce the appearance of everything from sunspots and wrinkles to extensive scarring.
• Bosque Bistro, opening in 2017, Bosque Bistro will specialize in bringing the farm-to-table concept to life in an inviting intimate atmosphere using locally sourced ingredient. Bosque’s philosophy of hand-selected ingredients, local responsibility, and welcoming customer service reflects their overall commitment to the sense of community inherent within the La Bella lifestyle.
• The Taproom at Vincents, opened in 2015, pours a wide selection of craft beers and exquisite wines from around the region and world. Guests may sample in the tap room, or enjoy their drinks al fresco. Consistent with the La Bella lifestyle, The Taproom at Vincents celebrates the tradition of relaxing with good friends and enjoying great beers and wine in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere.
• Vincent’s Men’s Grooming & Lounge also opened in 2014 and provides a environment of casual sophistication where men may receive haircuts, straight-razor shaves and mani and pedicures, get a massage or just enjoy the second-story patio with fireplace and outdoor TV. After, they’re welcome to watch sports, play pool or billiards or relax in one of the leather chairs that Ms. Davide designed herself. A business office is available for those who’d like to combine work with play. Named for Ms. Davide’s father, Vincent’s is designed with masculine wood and leather accents, and beginning in March 2015 beer taps and a light kitchen will be added to truly make Vincent’s a full-service men’s club.
Ms. Davide grew up in a large, nurturing family and has brought that experience to her business to share with her many loyal customers, creating the La Bella Lifestyle. Salon guests are offered drinks from the in-house juice bar, or a glass of wine, as they are pampered by their friendly and talented stylists. The spa has 13 treatment rooms, and New Mexico’s only Vichy shower. Brittany Coast sea salt is flown in for use in the detoxification tub, and honey provided by a local beekeeper is used in body scrub, detox and facial treatments. European-trained estheticians evaluate guests’ skin and craft customized spa products using locally made essential oils and botanically based lotions that are paraffin-free. La Bella’s massage tables use Japanese ionic blankets to improve circulation during treatments, and the tables themselves can be subtly adjusted during treatments to provide perfect body alignment without disturbing the guest. Additionally, La Bella has a Scandinavian spa, men’s and women’s steam rooms and locker rooms, showers and its own delicious signature scent that is used in products and candles to further La Bella’s brand. A conference room with audio/visual system and second-story veranda with an outdoor LCD screen is available for everything from business meetings to bridal showers and large groups.
True to Ms. Davide’s La Bella Lifestyle, La Bella’s success has enabled it to create Bella Blessings, a program that offers pro bono services to those in need. Ms. Davide and La Bella Spa & Salon are dedicated to bringing out not just the outer beauty, but the inner beauty and strength of all who pass through her great-grandmother’s doors.
La Bella Spa & Salon •10126 Coors Boulevard NW • Albuquerque, N.M. • 87114505-899-5557